Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A/C Season is almost here!

I just received my first A/C tool flyer. It is hard to believe that with Artic cold in the Midwest and 12" inches of new snow on the East Coast, but A/C season is just about here.

There does not seem to be a lot of new product out there. I have noticed some new electronic sniffers that meet the SAE spec, so I guess there is more than one supplier out there for them now.

For me, I think a good injection gun, dye and UV flashlight are the way to go. They are more accurate, easier to use, and cost a lot less. Also, it is easier to bill the service (1/4 oz of dye) to the customer's bill.

There are a lot of places to buy A/C products on the web. I found a new one the other day, www.deepdiscountdirect.com. There are all kinds of stores on Amazon, plus the well known sites that are fed by ISN, Medco, WTD and the other big WDs.

What is everyone using for leak detection out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment