Thursday, April 23, 2009

hammers, pneumatic nailers and me

For years, I swung a hammer weekly while rebuilding my 95 year old house. A few years ago, I had some big projects to tackle (new porch, shed, fence), and invested in a few pneumatic nailers. Now, it seems like I never swing a hammer anymore.

The convenience, speed and great results you get from using a nailer have made a manually hammered nail a rarity in our house. I guess the only time I swing a hammer anymore is when I am hanging pictures. My wife laughs when she seems me with a hammer, she usually asks if the power to the workshop is out and the compressor is empty.

There are great hammers out there, Nupla's are my favorite. http://www.nuplacorp.com/ I like the fiberglass handle. They seem to last longer to me, especially when you use them so infrequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment