Friday, June 12, 2009

Government Motors

I thought I would put in my two cents on GM (we can leave Chrysler for another day). Will what the Obama Administration work?

I doubt it. I have read that the President sees small cars and hybrids as GM's future. Perhaps he might have not noticed that sales of these items are cratering. See here:

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar/17/business/fi-hybrid17

Unless the feds want to push gas up to $4 a gallon (Candidate Obama did not have a problem with gas prices last year), this strategy will not work. Of course, it President Obama allows or forces gas up to $4 (taxes, inflation from spending, restriction of supply), he might only get 4 years to work on this.

I do know a lot of good people at GM and drive (2) of their vehicles. They can make it back, I hope that they get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment