Monday, June 22, 2009

So how are things in the market?

I am hearing a lot of rumblings from friends in the capital equipment industry in the automotive aftermarket that the rash of dealership closings (more hope and change!) is dumping a lot of used equipment on the market. Of course, this has only made their severely contracted market even worse.

I wonder if people that buy used equipment realize that quite often a license is involved in purchasing equipment like frame racks, alignment machines, and other products that need updates for new vehicles and procedures. Guess what, the licenses are usually not transferable!

Considering the danger in using much of the capital equipment, I would stay away from buying second-hand. I would assume you are taking a lot of the liability on your shoulders when you buy used. To me, that is not worth saving $500.

No comments:

Post a Comment