Monday, September 14, 2009

WORX Grass Trimmer

I have a pretty big yard (1 acre). It takes me about 30 minutes a week to do the edging, trimming, etc. My Homelite gas powered weed wacker is on it's last legs so I thought I would borrow the WORX GT Grass Trimmer.

WORX GT

I have seen it on TV a few times and thought it would work for me. I used it over the weekend. I was not satisfied with it. I am a heavy duty user though. For the average home owner, I think it would be fine.

It is very light, easy to use and it does a great job when used as an edger. Unfortunately, to me, it is underpowered. It simply does not trim in a wide enough path and fast enough for the amount of work I have to do in my yard. Further, to me, it is too short. I would prefer it to be about 8 inches longer. That way you can reach further under evergreen trees and be further away as grass is shooting in all directions.

Perhaps if it was a 24v and had a more powerful motor (which would make it a lot heavier), it would better suit someone like me who has a lot of work to do and wants to get it done quickly.

This is what I am thinking of buying:

RYOBI GRASS TRIMMER

I will let you know how it works out....

No comments:

Post a Comment